Sunday, April 29, 2012

Watchmen Passage Analysis

The theme of the text provided from Watchmen I feel was what you stop prepare may seem silly at the moment, but when it comes to the real challenge in the end, it all makes sense. You'll feel stupid and what you are doing to prepare may make no sense, you'll be glad that you made those provisions. In a way I can see how this theme would relate to our class, what with us always nagging and sighing about how what we do in this class doesn't make sense. When we were memorizing the Hamlet soliloquy, I kept asking myself "when am I ever going to have to say this ever again?" but when I look at past AP essay prompts, I see that knowing a text word for word would aid me in giving examples. Any AP student can write well, but knowing quotes from famous works would definitely set you aside from a 3 paper to a 4/5 paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment