Thursday, December 1, 2011

More Literary Terms? Magic(al) Realism

Magic(al) Realism is defined as: a genre developed in Latin America which juxtaposes the everyday with the marvelous or magical.
The first time I came across this genre was in Dr. Preston’s class sophomore year when we read Like Water for Chocolate.  It was definitely a new kind of reading experience for me and I’m glad I had the opportunity to do so. 
Here are some examples!
Ohhh the good ole days.


I don't know about you, but the volcanoes I've seen don't errupt butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, let me be quite honest: your blog is amazing! It's so professional and sorted out. I love it.

    Anyways, getting back to the main point...

    Your use and definitions of requiem are perfect! Even your examples relate without a doubt. I never really knew what synesthesia was either, but the colors example was veru useful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete